Thursday, August 9, 2007

The way God works

Last week my friend Melissa Schiete told me that her chapel was having their VBS this week, and she hinted that I should come down. I strongly considered going down last year, but it didn't work out, and this year, I wanted to go even more. So I prayed about it and suggested it to Tim, my cuz, and the Lord worked it out so we could go! All our boys from camp - Zach, Billy, Eddie, Cortlen, Austin - they're all there. Tim didn't get to go to SR week at Sooner, so he missed them this year, and I DID get to go to Sooner and we became closer than ever, and I've been missing them dreadfully. So...we were so thrilled that this could work out.


The trip was fun...more than fun, to be honest. :) God is so good to us. We drove down to the Schietes first, ate supper with them, and then went to VBS. Eddie, Zach, and Cortlen were there - wow it was good to see them. I also saw some of my girls from camp...that was neat. I love getting hugs...and there were plenty to go around that evening.

After VBS Tim, Elspeth Brown, Mel, Sarah Schiete, and I took the three guys out to Brahms. Talk about rowdy, goofy fun! A picture says a thousand words...




Then we all crossed the street to visit Billy at Arby's, where he works. I enjoyed seeing him there. Oh, how I pray for these guys. I so often think of what Jesus told Peter - "Simon, Simon, Satan hath desired to have thee, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for you, that thy strength fail not." Hmm.

We spent the night with Elspeth and her parents, and had fun catching up with each other...it seems like forever since we've had a good talk. :)

The next morning Tim and I picked up Cortlen and went to Winan's Chocolates and Coffees, and ended up hanging out there for a good 3 hours...playing checkers...
...drinking mochas, chai teas, and lattes...

...and having some great talking time. That was the best...just being able to talk, brothers and sisters, helping encourage each other to serve the Lord.

Mel joined us after a while, and we had some more fun...



We all walked downtown and hung out for awhile in Guthrie...just living it up. :) Life is good with friends in the summer.

Hebrews 3:13 says, "But encourage one another daily, while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." Encouragement is so vital to the Christian. One thing we talked about in the coffee shop was how people grow...and how different environments affect different plants. A plant can grow in the desert, but it takes a lot longer. Every little sprinkling of rain and encouragement to grow perks up the plant. The Lord is so good to work the way He does.

Isaiah 32:15 "Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest."

No comments: