Saturday, September 1, 2007

Reminder to self

It is God who girdeth me with strength and maketh my way perfect.

A new road lies ahead
Untouched and unexplored
New dreams beckon
New life waits
And You, Jesus, are in it all.

I do not know the way
Through the dusky night
Where doubts arise
Where fears creep in
But still You hold my hand.

Jesus, please just lead me on
You know the perfect way.
You understand.
You know me well.
And I can trust Your love.

Other guides are futile – vain
Though helpful they may seem.
It’s Your turn to lead,
It’s You and me
Walking on this new-found road.

Lord, I may want to wander –
Please keep me by Your side
Following, searching
Knowing, loving
And obeying everything You say.

Hold me, Jesus.
All I want
Is what You want for me.

- Elizabeth Skiles

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Liz! I just found your blog! Good to see what the Lord's been doing in your life! I hadn't realized you were headed to Emmaus! Looks like you're getting settled even though you're not too fond of city life! :-) Keep in touch!