Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Only Yours


One view
A heavenly sight
My eyes on You.
One light
Shining in my soul
My heart full.

You are mine, Jesus!
Draw me close to You.
Fill me drop by drop
Until I overflow with love.

One life
Being used up
Just for me?
One heart
Following You alone –
On my own.

I am Yours, Jesus!
Hold my hand in Yours.
Flood me with Your peace,
Until I finally rest in You.

One passion
To be close to You
And only You.
One journey,
Step by step each day
Just with You.

We are one, my Jesus!
Give me Your song of joy
So I can laugh and rest and sing,
And know I’m only Yours.

- Elizabeth Skiles
When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?" Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." John 21:22

No comments: