Wednesday, November 7, 2007

College can make you do crazy things...


So...I never thought a party could be so much fun. We had a Sadie Hawkins party last Sunday here at school. The theme was "Blast from the Past - 1950s" and it WAS a blast.

These pictures, here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11388&l=5733b&id=503933962 may not mean a lot to you because you don't know the people in them...but you can kind of get an idea...

We had dinner first, in a dining hall that had been completely transformed to look like a 50s diner. The RAs and Student Gov folks were on rollerskates, and served us dinner. It was so much fun! Seriously, we felt like we dropped out of Happy Days. The 50s music helped create the atmosphere amazingly.

Then we had lip sync competitions by floors, each floor lip synching and choreographing a different 50s song, plus lots of competitions and prizes, all in the decked out auditorium. That was wild! We laughed so much and had such a good time.

Then we went roller skating at a rink and skated for 2 hours to more 50s music! Wow! It was sooo fun! I've been paying for it all week (I have some muscles hurting that I didn't realize were even capable of hurting!).

Today a 5-yr-old boy winked at me and a 7-yr-old boy waved at me. If that doesn't make a girl's day, what will?

Life is crazy, but it's going...faster than I'd like.

God is so good! Praise Him today for something He's done for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the second time I've read your blog and I LOVE it!! Your experiences are so enjoyable to read and have brought back fond memories I have of college days.

You've also really encouraged me. It means so much to know that you, one of the campers in my cabin who I always had such great talks with, are going on well for the Lord and striving to please Him in your life!

Please e-mail as soon as you have time! :o)

Unknown said...

P.S.

My e-mail address is:

luv2cng106@gmail.com