Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh, the beauty

I was reading Psalm 17 this morning and was struck by the contrast between the quality of life of the believer and the unsaved.

From "...men of this world whose portion is in this life"
to
"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness." (from Psalm 17)

I know God. I have the assurance of beholding His face! I am in a relationship with Him that results in a daily changing to be more and more LIKE Him! What beautiful truths! My portion is not in this world - it is in my Savior - in eternity. That is why all true joys here on earth point back to Him and cause our hearts to overflow in thankfulness, and why all sorrow or disappointment draws our hearts to Him for comfort and release.

"I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things." Is. 45:7

He designs everything for His purposes. He wants to make men realize that HE is the fulfillment of all, and only HE is worthy of worship.

No comments: