Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And so it begins...

Well, after eight very long hours of driving in extremely high winds on Monday, I made it to Littleton, CO. Praise God! I'm staying with a lovely family. We went out for dinner last night (it was their son's birthday), and they took me on the grand tour of Littleton. I got a wonderful 9 hours of sleep last night and spent the day settling in. I thought I'd post some pictures for those (aka Mom and Grandma, especially) who want to see them. :)

Colorado!



Possibly the funniest road sign I've ever seen. It was convincing enough to make me follow the signs all the way to the Point of Interest. :)



The Point of Interest was this...a tower from which you can allegedly see 6 states. I'm not sure I believe the sign...but if it hadn't been so windy, I would have gone up the tower anyway. It was that bizarre. :)



This is my bedroom. Lovely to have my own room all summer. :)





And these are the mountains you can see from an upstairs window in the house where I'm staying.



I found out this afternoon that I will be the teacher in charge of the intermediate classes morning and evening at the church. The family I'm staying with has left for a 17-day vacation starting this afternoon, so I'm kind of housesitting their big home for them while they're gone. It works out perfectly. I feel a little alone now, though...and pretty nervous...and rather excited. And I don't know where to start on anything. But it's 6:03 pm right now, so maybe I'll start with supper. :)

3 comments:

Helen said...

Lizzie,

Just stopped by to see what's going on, and if you'd actually posted anything. And you have! :-)

Love you.
Helen

Nichole Dirks said...

Beautiful view! Enjoy your summer! :)

Rita said...

sounds like you have a wonderful and exciting summer ahead of you, Liz. I´m looking forward to following your adventures.