Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Maker

Truth is such a beautiful thing. I never realized how much so until this summer, as I've had to sit under the lies of science and false doctrine. Yesterday was one of the hardest classes yet. As my teacher took a tangent, I started getting excited - that pulsing feeling that I usually get when I get to share the gospel with someone. That heart-pounding tingle that says "Let me talk! Let me tell you about Jesus!" I thought we were headed in a good direction. Then he stated one of the most ridiculous falsehoods I've ever heard and my heart kept racing, only now it was in anger. I know many of you who read this have sat beneath the teaching of secular professors, and I don't know if they affected you or not, so don't think I'm silly or that I'm overreacting. The truth is - all those women were sitting there, most of them probably caring less about anything Biblical, and when he said those things, they were spoon-fed lies. I wanted to stand up in class and refute everything he said point by point.

Truth is truth. That's why it's so beautiful. I am so thankful I have absolute truth I can bank my whole life upon. So grateful for the Word of God to rest my soul in.



This is tonight's sunset. The third night in a row we have had an absolutely gorgeous display in the west. The Lord has been showing me so much of His beauty this summer. In nature, but also in His Word. It seems that He really, truly wants to prove to me that He is my Maker. I never doubted it for a moment, but it is so amazing to see Him point out His truth to me in His word as reaffirmation of WHO HE IS.

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it: he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord: and there is none else. (Is. 45:18)

For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his and he made it: and his hands formed the dry ground. (Ps. 95:3-5)


AMEN? Praise the Lord with me - let's exalt His name together!

No comments: