Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summertime doin's


Today I mowed Grandma's lawn and discovered that mowing is the perfect time to memorize viruses and their family classification names. Quite. I also memorized Psalm 95 and praised the Lord loudly with it as I putt-putted around the yard. When I got home, although I knew I needed to do homework and such, I wasn't through with the outdoors, so I decided to shave Eduardo. *ahem* I decided to wash our Buick. See, from a month of traveling every day on a muddy road, the white Buick looked like a rustic woodcutter with a week-long growth on his chin. In other words, he had mud up to the windows. Armed with a scrub brush, a rag, an ice cream bucket, and the hose I proceeded to give him a shave. Now he's nice and white again. Rebekah came up and asked me for the hose at one point and I informed her that Eduardo was shaving up nicely. That name just popped out of my mouth...honest, I didn't purposefully name the Buick that. What a strange name for a car. Well, I still have homework to do...I haven't gotten any closer to having that done. One more day of speech class! Wow, that went so quickly in some ways. However, it does seem like I've been in summer school for a year now, too, though. :) I'm so thankful to be able to get 8 hours of classwork out of the way! Praise the Lord for that! Well, I'm in a writing mood, so I'd better go get that speech done. Enjoy your summer days and don't stick around in the air conditioning too long...I don't think we were made to be refrigerated beings. :) Get out and soak up some sunshine!

2 comments:

Anne/Ana/Anita/AnĂ­ said...

You make me laugh :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz! Miss you... we're all doing well and are getting ready to head to NM for the 4th.
My blog is www.xanga.com/thefrenchpress, and my pics are at http://picasaweb.google.com/nemiahf. Look me up!
Hope I hear from you sometime!