Tuesday, February 19, 2008

God can do anything, anything, anything!

Wow, so, I just have to share with you guys a neat story. Yesterday I went to another college library here in town with my friends Esther and Victor. We're in a TESOL class together and are working on research papers for different countries and wanted to find some more resources. It's a very nice library cosmetically - very open and spacious, with a fireplace and some cozy chairs...but their cataloguing system is rather pathetic and we didn't find much of what we needed, but we did have fun. :D

Anyway, we had to get ID cards for the library to check books out, so I took my college swipe card out of its plastic holder to show them. Well, when I put it back in its holder I thought that I'd better make sure it was secure, because it does have a tendency to fall out sometimes. Well, I wasn't as careful as I should have been, because when we got back to the school and were almost in the door, I realized it was missing. I retraced my steps and looked for it in the school parking lot but it wasn't around. Arg. I knew it would be $20 to replace - not nice. :(

This morning as I was getting dressed, I talked with the Lord about it. I said, "Lord, I know it's my fault I lost the card, and I wasn't very responsible, and I could go down to the front desk and tell them that I lost it and pay the money to get it back, but I also know that YOU could get it back to me somehow, some way. Would you do that, Lord? Please?"

Today as I was walking out of the dining hall, a girl named Linda came up to me and said, "Liz!" She held out my card to me! One of the maintenance guys found it outside on the parking lot! Yay!! What a gracious God I serve! He didn't have to do that...but He wanted to. How kind He is. :)

No comments: