Tuesday, December 18, 2007

There's no place like home :)

Ah, I'm home again! I now know how Dorothy felt. :) I'm into the full swing of cooking, dish-washing, movie-watching, snowman-making, and enjoying relaxing, reading, praying, and SLEEPING. I had almost forgotten that there was such a thing as sleep, but 8-9 hours a night is reminding me how nice it is. :) I never thought I'd actually voluntarily go to bed at nine o'clock.

It's interesting to be home after four months away. Home will always be home, but Emmaus is really my life now...so it is different to be back. I didn't think I would miss school. The Lord is showing me how I tend to depend on the people in my life no matter where I go, and how I need to abide in Him alone. He is the only one truly worthy of all my devotion!

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:4-5

Two more lovely weeks of being with my family! There are a lot of little things I never appreciated about them until now. :) It's good to be with them again.

1 comment:

lizzykristine said...

Ahhh. When we were driving on Saturday we were thinking about you and wondering if you were traveling or already home. Have happy holidays. :)