Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas break....life is...good



Sooo...Christmas break has come...and has almost gone. I'll be going back to school on Wednesday. Ah, it's been good to be home! I've slept so much it's ridiculous! There was one night I went to bed at 7:30...and probably at least 5 nights I went to bed by 9:00. I never would have dreamed that in my life I would actually choose to go to bed that early...but I guess I'm officially a college student now. :grins:



When you move away from your family you forget that the reason you do the things you do has a lot to do with the fact that your family does them. I'm always saying or doing things at school that make people laugh, and here, I find that my family says or does the same things. So I guess I AM normal, after all.

I have a funny story to tell. My 6-year-old sister is learning to read, and she has decided she is going to read Deuteronomy. (No one told her that that's the book that most people get stuck on when they're trying to read through the Bible in a year.) So the other day she was working on a few verses. This is what she read:
36For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

38 Which did eat the fat...

It was at this point where she burst out laughing hysterically...uncontrollably...giggling contagiously. She would repeat that phrase, then burst out giggling again.

So...this proves two things. #1. KJV must not be too hard to understand if a 6-y/o can read it, and #2. Maybe it is a little outdated if it makes a 6 y/o start laughing uncontrollably.



Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas break! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Rachel Kondro said...

What a cute story about your sis...I learned to read the KJV when I was around her age.

Happy New Year! :)

Karin S said...

I love the picture of you and Debbie.